Dunedoo’s Art Unlimited will bring new opportunities as it evolves into a fully fledgedÂ 10 day festival in 2016. This annual exhibitionÂ has become one of New South Wales’ premier showcases of regional art.
This year the exhibition will run from Friday 20 May to Sunday 29 May, including two weekends to allow a longer period for entries to be on show for visitors and provide more exposure for artists who wish to sell their works.
Art Unlimited, now in its eighth year attracts more than 400 entries from artists, photographers and ceramicists from around Australia. On offer is prize money in excess of $11,000 including:
- $3,000 Pro Hart Prize for hanging art, donated by Raylee Hart, widow of the iconic outback artist
- $3,000 each for overall photography and ceramics winners
- $500 for an indigenous artists, provided by Orana Arts
- $500 Fairview ArtSpace award
- $500 peoples choice award
One of the new initiatives happening in 2016 will be a weekend art workshop with international artists/instructor Georgia Mansur from Mudgee. Georgia is a trained and certified Golden International Artist Educator and leads art workshops all over the world. She is recognised as an inspirational leader in her field (Plein Air Painting) and regularly presents at conventions and conferences, both in Australia and overseas. Her mixed media workshop, titled “Seductive Surfaces – Painting with Passion” will appeal to artists with all levels of skill, from beginners through to professional artists.
Art Unlimited is staged in the hall at Dunedoo Central School where an extended program for schools has been developed, building on the successful Art for Youth day of introductory student workshops that took place in 2015. The Art Unlimited exhibition will provide an inspirational background for the demonstrations that will take place over both weekends by artists, potters and other artisans.
- Closing date for entry forms – Thursday 21 April
- Date for postal delivery of artworks – prior to Thursday 12 May
- Date for personal deliver of artworks – Saturday 14 May and Sunday 15 May (9am to 3pm)
- Judging – Friday 20 May
- Official opening and prize announcement – Friday 20 May, 7pm
- Date for collection of artworks – Sunday 29 May (4pm-7pm) and Monday 30 May (9am to 1pm.
Entry for Art Unlimited is now open > click here for an entry form